Businesses create jobs, circulate profits and support local service providers. Whether your business is locally owned or not, it has an impact on the economy of the community, the region and beyond. Join us to learn what impact your business has, and how to market your local attributes to consumers who love local.
LOCO, Vancity and the Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce are planning a workshop and social media/digital advertising campaign to measure the impact of area businesses and promote buy local stories of businesses to area consumers.
The workshop will include:
- Understanding your business’ community impact
- Why & how to do buy local marketing
- Retail trends & consumer interest in buy local marketing
- Overview of the #BCBuyLocal Campaign
- Tips & tricks for digital marketing
- How to leverage your community impact in your marketing
Following the workshop, you’ll also have a chance to participate in a free impact assessment program which will provide some businesses with buy local stories and marketing and promotional collateral to help you share the positive impact your local business has on your community.
This event is free of charge. Refreshments will be served. Please register in advance. If you can't make the workshop, but would still like to participate in the campaign, contact us.