The season is upon us. COVID-19, fires and floods make it more important than ever to buy local. In addition to our directory, and our #BCBuyLocal business profiles, here are some great resources to find the best B.C. products and businesses:
- Indigenous Women's Business Network Holiday Shopping Guide 2021: Gift ideas from Indigenous, women-owned businesses in B.C.
- WeBC Digital Pop-Up Shop: WeBC launched a digital pop-up shop to allow shoppers to browse through multiple women-owned businesses, enabling customers can buy directly from them.
- Small Business BC Marketplace: launched by Small Business BC during COVID-19, the marketplace continues to grow. Shop small and local.
- Small Business BC Holiday Gift Guides: Region-specific guides from the Thompson-Okanagan, Northern BC, Mainland/Southwest, Kootenay, Cariboo & Vancouver Island.
- Lift Collective: Shop Indigenous, women-owned businesses with Lift Collective. Feel good about your purchases and use your dollars to show support for economic reconciliation.
- Toque: Formerly in-person market. New online shop.
- Scout Magazine Holiday Gift Guide: a great list of craft events and pop-up markets in and around Vancouver.
- Backyard Creative "Favourite Shops" Guide: A list of favourite places on the Island and Mainland.
- Portobello West: Holiday Market Nov 20-21, 2021 and join the spring market Mar 19-20, 2022.
- Winter's Eve Market (Victoria). Dec 3&4, 10&11, 2021 from 4:30-8:30pm at Caffe Fantastico @fernwoodmakersparty.